- 0-1 Years
ThoughtFocus is a US based, privately held consulting, software engineering and business process management firm with offices in the US, India, and the Philippines. It helps clients in the financial services, manufacturing, education, aerospace, and payment and loyalty industries with their key business and technology challenges.
- BE or equivalent
- Should possess excellent knowledge on Windows desktop operating systems, Windows and Linux Server platforms.
- Strong knowledge on the working and configuring IP addresses on the LAN & WAN.
- Good understanding of LAN switches, internet firewalls & network related problems.
- Hands on experience in installation & troubleshooting operating systems and application software.
- Hands on experience in installation & troubleshooting of RDBMS, VS Studio-like applications tools.
- Basic windows/Linux scripting skills with advanced software troubleshooting skills.
- Maintains quality customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and is a team player with the ability to work well with minimum guidance. Must possess above average organization skills, excellent communication skills, and can demonstrate problem-solving skills. Considered an out of the box thinker and displays a willingness to learn.
- Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions, document for future reference.
- Install, configure, and maintain desktop computers, file servers, Ethernet networks, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, and systems; adds or upgrades and configures modems, disk drives, CD-ROM units, printers, and related equipment. Database and applications support to developers who are working on projects.
- Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations
- Anticipate communication and networking problems and implement preventive measures.
- Configure and support internet connections, telephone system, and other communication systems.
- Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
- Develops, maintains, and monitors procedures for all server backups and network usage.
- Monitors, plans, and coordinates the distribution of client/server software and service packs.
- Keep confidentiality of the company & client information.
- Ensures compliance of IT Security Policies; provides support in security management and supports networking and security services in LAN, WAN.
- Makes recommendations for new equipment and services to purchase and works with various vendors for procurement.
- Perform on-site and remote technical support.
- Assist in the organization and inventory of all hardware and software resources.
- Maintains excellent communication with the Manager on all tasks and projects.
- Creates and maintains good technical documentation.
- Knowledge sharing with the team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsibilities may require late evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported
Freshers Registration: Click Here